TOWN OF BLAINE
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the May 10, 2023 monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter (via telephone), Treasurer Mona Velebir, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Ron Gallagher.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Approval of April Minutes needed.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir reported on bank balances.
Expenses: Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve payment of monthly expenditures as submitted which includes the check to Roy’s Seal coating for $18,562.50. Supervisor, Bryan Holter seconded the motion. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: None
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that the mower does not keep running.
Road Condition Report: Ron Gallagher reported that the Barrens are in good shape.
Fire Report: Chief Bill Fish reported only a couple of medical calls were had.
Northland Community Center:
- Tuesday, May 16, 2023 Board of Review 5 to 7 PM
- Sunday, May 21, 2023 Community Church
- DOVR Event May 26th-29th (5/14-5/30, 2023)
- Friday/Sat/Sun, June 9-11, 2023 Cozy Corner Trails
- Saturday, September 9, 2023 Holmstrom Family
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: HOURS: 4 PM to 7PM Wednesday evenings, and 11 AM to 3 PM Sunday’s.
Ryan has been issuing informational fliers to residents.
1. Matt Holter submitted a bid to mow the NCC for the 2023 season at $100 per occurrence. Larry Kern submitted a bid to mow Hillcrest Cemetery for the 2023 season at $300 per occurrence. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to accept these mowing bids as submitted, Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded the motion. Motion approved.
2. No bids were received for State Line Road. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to re-run the request for bids. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
3) Supervisor Josh Fornengo moved to adjourn into a closed session to address the hiring of the new road employee, Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
The board meeting was reconvened into an open session at 8:21 pm. Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to offer Jason Walters a road maintenance position with the Town of Blaine. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved. Supervisor Bryan Holter will get in touch with Jason.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JUNE AGENDA:
1) Official hiring of the treasurer
2) Approve Special Meeting Minutes from April 28, 2023
Agenda items due Friday before each meeting.
Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 8:29 pm. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 10th day of May, 2023
Jessica Estridge, Chairman