TOWN OF BLAINE
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the April 19, 2023 monthly board meeting to order at 6:50 p.m.
Present were Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter, Treasurer Mona Velebir, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Ron and Sharon Proffit, Bill Fish, Dori Willett, Dan Ellefson, Dan and Nicole Sear, Ron and Sandy Gallagher, Matt Holter, Kathy and Kevin Tideman, Mary Harrington, Craig Palmer, Jim Mahr and Dick Hartman, Burnett County and Claudia Lee, Burnett County Tourism Coalition.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the March 9, 2023 meeting minutes. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved. A question was brought up of when is the timely posting of meeting minutes. The minutes cannot be posted until approved. The minutes used to be posted before being approved with a “Pending Board Approval” noted at the top of the document. In the future they will be posted once approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir reported on bank balances.
1) Burnett County Tourism Coalition non-profit organization report: The Director of Burnett County Tourism Coalition spoke about short term rental agreements.
A discussion and information session was shared about the county and developing a county ordinance for the new short term rental issue. The mission is to grow tourism in Burnett County. The concerns that are important to communities were brought up. It was mentioned a short term room lodging tax for an ordinance is less than a 30 day occupancy. Discussions took place regarding infrastructure, roads, septic, etc., along with maintenance of equipment and expenses regarding the trail systems and where township roads intersect. It was addressed with discussion of does this ordinance make sense for the Town of Blaine? Ultimately it will be the town board’s decision as to accepting this ordinance from the coalition.
Expenses: Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve payment of monthly expenditures as submitted. Supervisor, Bryan Holter seconded the motion. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: None
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that the mower is in for repair.
Road Condition Report: Ron Gallagher reported that most roads were in good shape.
Fire Report: Chief Bill Fish reported only a couple of medical calls were had.
Northland Community Center:
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023 East Pine County Wanderers Club
- Sundays, May7 and May 21, 2023 Community Church
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023 Open Book 5 to 7 PM
- Tuesday, May 16, 2023 Board of Review 5 to 7 PM
- DOVR Event May 26th-29th (5/14-5/30, 2023)
- Friday/Sat/Sun, June 9-11, 2023 Cozy Corner Trails
- Saturday, September 9, 2023 Holmstrom Family
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: HOURS: 4 PM to 7PM Wednesday evenings, and 11 AM to 3 PM Sunday’s.
Ryan reported that summer months are approaching and he will be handing out flyers for a reminder of what materials are accepted. The sign to indicate what is accepted will be moved closer to the dumpsters. It was mentioned that building materials are not accepted. A discussion took place about charging residents for waste disposal.
2. Road worker hiring decision – tabled to the May2023 agenda
3. ATV map discrepancy concerning County Line Road – The ordinance needs to be updated. Signs would help a lot. Board needs to address maps with the county.
4. Building inspector contract – table item until May 2023 or hold a special meeting. Supervisor Josh Forengo made a motion to table this item, Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
5. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve the USDA-APHIS-Wildlife Services beaver agreement for 2023, Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion passed.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE MAY AGENDA:
Agenda items due Friday before each meeting.
Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 8:20 pm. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 19th day of April, 2023
Jessica Estridge, Chairman