TOWN OF BLAINE
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the October 12, 2022 monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
Present: Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Mona Velebir, Ron and Sandy Gallagher, Klaus Nieder, Ms. Jones, Nicole and Dan Sear, Matt Holter and Dori Willett.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the September 19, 2022 meeting minutes. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir reported.
Expenses: Northwest Electric Company payment will be withheld until the board receives information and/or an explanation about the wire that was damaged. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve all other expenditure payments as submitted. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: It was reported that Bonnie Young will be working at the WARTS until the end of October 2022.
Chairman’s Report: Chairman Jessica Estridge reported Century Link has not responded on the internet connection at the NCC.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that the mower was not working at this time.
Road Condition Report: Roads are all graded. A road review for ATV/UTV’s closed roads will be on the November agenda. A discussion will take place regarding funding of trails and town roads and where are we going to go from here?
North Markville Road was discussed and the board is still waiting on bids to replace a culvert to repair the construction project according to FEMA requirements. An extension is filed for this project.
Monarch final payment, Chairman Jessica Estridge will be meeting with Community Bank about this and the pumper fire truck is also pending until the Monarch final payment is met.
Fire Report: None.
Northland Community Center: The painting is finished. Events are usually listed on the monthly agenda.
- Saturday, October 15, 2022 Dairyland Outdoor Veterans Retreat event
- Saturday, October 29, 2022 funeral luncheon
-Tuesday, November 8, 2022 General Election
- Saturday, June 3, 2023 Sear Family event
- Saturday, September 9, 2023 Holmstrom Family event
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: OPEN Wednesday, 4-7 PM and Sunday, 11 AM to 3 PM.
Actively looking for a new transfer station attendant.
1) The North Memorial Ambulance approved contract was signed. The WTA gave permission to the Ambulance Committee that they were in charge of approving the contract. The contract is for the next five years. A discussion took place about hospital locations and where patients are sent and the costs of the service. It was noted that Burnett County has a good relationship with North Memorial Ambulance.
2) Dairyland Fire Department pumper fire truck proposal has already been approved and is waiting on pending loan information.
3) A Budget Hearing will be held on Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 7 PM. Open to electors.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE NOVEMBER AGENDA
ATV/UTV road review conditions
Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to adjourn at 8:14 pm. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 12th day of October, 2022
Jessica Estridge, Chairman