TOWN OF BLAINE
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the June 8, 2022 monthly board meeting to order at 7:08 pm.
Present were Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter (via telephone), Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Mona Velebir, Dori Willett, Ron Gallagher, Klaus Nieder, Matt Holter and Bill Fish.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Bryan Holter motioned to approve the May 11, 2022 meeting minutes, Chairman Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir reported.
Expenses: Supervisor Bryan Holter made a motion to approve payment of expenditures as submitted. Chairman, Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: Chairman Jessica Estridge will check with the USDA program to see if three sites have been installed with beaver traps. It was mentioned that the new culvert on South Markville Road seems to be too small and too high. Chairman Jessica Estridge will contact Burnett County, Michael Hoefs to discuss options of the culvert size and/or ditching.
Chairman’s Report: Chairman Jessica Estridge mentioned the Hillcrest Cemetery has been sprayed and marked out. The surveyor will be there within two weeks, so the driveway should be put in soon. Larry Kern is our lawn maintenance person for the cemetery and is insured to take down two dead trees and will move ahead on this.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher mentioned the dump truck went down again and is being repaired in Cameron, WI. The brakes on the loader have been fixed.
Road Condition Report: Roads are good. There was slight improvement over the weekend with ATV/UTV usage compared to last year. There are no signs yet on the roads that are closed to ATV/UTV usage. Supervisor Bryan Holter will check with the Turf and Tundra Club to see who will provide signs. A culvert will be replaced adjacent to Lee Road.
Fire Report: Dairyland Fire Chief Bill Fish reported that there had been a false alarm in the Town of Blaine.
Northland Community Center:
The new furnaces will be installed in approximately July. Supervisor Bryan Holter reported that it would be more cost effective to replace the window at the NCC rather than just replace the glass as it is approximately the same cost.
1) Fall Partisan Primary, Tuesday, August 9th
2) Fall General Election, Tuesday, November 8th
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: It was noted that a bear has been in the dumpsters recently. Now open Wednesday, 4-7 PM, Saturday, 10 AM to 2 PM and Sunday, 11 AM to 3 PM.
1) Bids were opened for crack sealing. Two bids were received one from SealTech, Cambridge, MN with two different options and the other from Roy’s Sealcoating, Gordon, WI. Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the bid from Roy’s Sealcoating for crack sealing of town roads at $2.50/lb for approximately 8,000 lbs. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
2) Liquor license applications for McGraw Lake Tavern and Hillside Inn were received and reviewed. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve the liquor licenses from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
3) A firework permit was approved for Hillside Inn on Saturday, July 9, 2022 with the condition weather permitting. That being the town and/or Fire Chief has the ability to pull the permits if needed due to fire danger.
4) Board of Review Ordinances were adopted per Burnett County requirements. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to accept the Board of Review Ordinances, with no objections. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JULY AGENDA
Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 7:45 pm. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 8th day of June, 2022
Jessica Estridge, Chairman