TOWN OF BLAINE
October 13, 2015
Chairman Drake called the October 13,, 2015 monthly meeting to order at 6 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Donny Slipher, Jean Jansen and Ed Carlson.
Clerk’s Report: Marty motioned to accept the minutes. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was read by Larry Holter.
Expenses were reviewed. Marty made the motion to approve the bills as submitted. Vern seconded. Motion passed
Citizen’s Input: Marty has had inquiries about rental of the Northland Community Center kitchen to be used for commercial products production. Inquirer found another option. At this time the Northland Community Center kitchen is not certified for commercial use.
Chairman’s Report: Vern meet with Bob Morehouse about the LRIP report. Bob Morehouse is retiring.
- Road Equipment Update: All equipment is in good running order.
- Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape.
- Northland Community Center: Four inches of rain caused the roof to leak again. Shane patched it again.
- Hillcrest Cemetery survey was delayed by the surveyor.
- Burial on private property is legal in the state of Wisconsin following state guidelines.
- New website is in progress and accepting input as to what members would like to see on website.
- Jean Jansen signed the contract for Arna Township to contract Town of Blaine to do ditch brushing. Stephanie will mail out the contract to New Dosey for signature.
- Year round residence has moved in on Bents Rd. Ron will make sure Bents Rd. is plowed along with other town roads.
- Snowmobile Club will be holding classes at the Northland Community Center on October 16 & 17, Woodland Wesleyan Church will be holding a seminar on Age and Disability Transitions at the Northland Community Center on October 24th.
- Vern is looking into updating the security cameras and signage at the dump, as well as building options to enclose the dumpsters
- Discussion of the board members duties being shared among board members was suggested by Vern as well as compensation for sharing of duties.
- Motion was made by Marty to continue the 6 PM meeting time provided it works for all board members. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
- Board members will meet on October 26, 2015 at the Northland Community Center at 9 AM to work on proposed budget for 2016.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE OCTOBER AGENDA:
- Paving ad for McGraw Road
- Shared duties for Board Members
Marty motioned to adjourn at 07:02. Vern seconded. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this ___18__ day of October 2015.
Vern Drake, Chairman