TOWN OF BLAINE
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the April 20, 2021 monthly board meeting to order at 8:30 PM
Present were Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Mona Velebir, Ron and Sandy Gallagher, Ron and Sharon Proffit, Klaus Nieder, Brandie Fornengo, Daniel Sear, Bonnie Young, Vern Drake, Jeff Froehle, Bonnie and Steve Holter
Clerk’s Report: Chairman Jessica Estridge motioned to approve the March 16, 2021 meeting minutes. Supervisor Josh Fornengo seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir reported.
Expenses: Supervisor Bryan Holter made a motion to approve payment of expenditures as submitted. Supervisor Josh Fornengo seconded. Motion approved.
Chairman’s Report: None.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that everything is good. He has one truck in for service with Fornengo Transport.
Road Condition Report: Ron Gallagher reported that all roads are in good condition. He has graded Big Island Road and South Markville Road. Bremer Bank will need project details before we can request pavment bids.
Northland Community Center: Upcoming events are noted below:
April 28, 2021 East Pine County Wanderers
May 11, 2021 Open Book 9 – 11 AM
May 18, 2021 Board of Review 9 – 11 AM
June 5, 2021 McConkey Event
June 12, 2021 Table and Chair rental booked
October 16, 2021 DOVR fundraiser
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: Now open Wed, 4-7 PM, Sat, 10 AM to 2 PM and Sunday, 11 AM to 3 PM. Chairman Jessica Estridge will look into finding a septic company to pump out the toilet at Big McGraw Lake boat landing.
1) Shared duties will be reviewed, but for now, residents are to contact: Chairman Jessica Estridge regarding Ambulance Service; Supervisor Josh Fornengo for Roads issues.
2) The annual road inspection will be held Saturday, May 15, 2021. Chairman Jessica Estridge will contact Jim Tolbert at the County to inquire about a GPS application to use.
3) We will be posting and publishing bids to paint the interior and exterior of the NCC. These bids will be due to the Town Clerk at 34096 Lee Road by 5 PM, Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
4) Chairman Jessica Estridge has met with folks including the Turf and Tundra ATV/UTV Club regarding ATV/UTV updates and solutions. Some possible soluions are to help the Turf and Tundra ATV Club promote the Ambassador Program for increased presence on trails and posting more signs in certain areas.
5) Bids are being accepted for NCC and Hillcrest Cemetery for lawn mowing. Please send to Town Clerk at 34096 Lee Road by 5 PM, Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
6) The contact person for Cooper Engineering has changed. The material used on South Markville Road has changed and clay versus sand based material will add to the cost. There has to be additional grinding of material on one side of the bridge. The grinding project will have to be contracted and a follow up will be made at the next meeting.
7) A monthly GTA report will be generated to keep better track of fuel being used.
8) Liquor license renewal applications will be sent out to town businesses.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE MAY AGENDA:
Shared duties; South Markville Road update; opening of bids for the NCC and Cemetery lawn mowing and interior/exterior painting of NCC; Septic at Big McGraw Lake boat landing; Signs for “No Parking” along Big McGraw Road/McGraw Lake Tavern intersection.
Agenda items due Friday before each meeting.
Supervisor Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 9:15 pm. Supervisor Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 20th day of April, 2021
Jessica Estridge, Chairman