TOWN OF BLAINE
December 11, 2018
Chairman Drake called the December 11, 2018 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Bonnie Young and Ron and Sharon Proffit.
Supervisor Ellefson made the motion to approve the November 13, 2018 Special Electors Meeting Minutes. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion approved.
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Ellefson made the motion to approve the November 13, 2018 Board Meeting minutes. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Treasurer Holter.
Expenses: Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: Ron Proffit suggested that we look into getting a SCA – Sudden Cardiac Arrest machine for the NCC. Chairman Drake has looked into this and shared some information and will follow up with the County Emergency Management Director to see if there might be any funding available for the purchase of a SCA. Ron also mentioned that the propane gas tank at the NCC has a new electronic monitor on it for a gas level indicator.
Chairman’s Report: None
Road Equipment Update: The John Deere tractor with the boom mower has been in and repaired.
Road Condition Report: Roads are in good condition. Ron and Shane Gallagher have been working almost daily on pulling up the beaver gate on Dogtown Creek to keep Springbrook Trail from overflowing, but the beaver issue remains a problem. Chairman Drake shared a 3 year average on money spent on roads and noted we should receive the full GTA next year.
Northland Community Center: 1) An employee meeting for Fornengo Forest Products will be held on Tuesday, December 18, 2018 from 6-9 p.m. 2) A Community Christmas Eve Service is being held on Monday, December 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m., sponsored by the Woodland Wesleyan Church.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: Winter hours will stay the same as in past years, but it was suggested that one more day of operation be an option for Blaine residents. Winter hours will remain on Sundays only from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (winter months go from December 1st through March 31st.)
- Chairman Drake reviewed the highlights of the caucus process. He also handed out suggested job descriptions to be used as reference for board member positions. The caucus will be Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 5:30 p.m., with the monthly board meeting immediately following.
- Chairman Drake gave a FEMA update to board members and noted he has been extremely busy attending meetings, tours and meeting with inspectors, county and state officials. He shared two spreadsheets showing the Work to be Completed (WTBC) from the June 2018 storm and a summary of the damage and repairs to be done.
- There are four major road projects pending for Blaine: 1) McGraw Lake Road resurfacing, 2) South Markville Road, 3) North Markville Road “bridge” and 4) Low Water Crossing on State Line Road.
- The board received and reviewed a quote for demolition of the old town hall from Coveau Excavating. Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to accept the quote from Coveau Excavating in the amount of $2,500 for the demolition and removal of the refuge. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion approved.
- There was discussion regarding the request from Mike Hoefs to remove the weight limit signs on South Markville Road Bridge. Chairman Drake will write a letter to the Wisconsin DOT recommending that the town keep the weight limitation on because of the age of the old wooden bridge and the poor condition of the road due to being in a flood plain.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JANUARY AGENDA:
Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to adjourn at 7:00 p.m. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _11th day of December 2018.
Vern Drake, Chairman