June 12, 2018
Chairman, Vern Drake called the June 12, 2018 monthly board meeting to order at 6:03 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Bonnie Young, Matt Holter and Jim Tolbert, Director, Burnett County Emergency Management.
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Ellefson made the motion to approve the minutes. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter. Larry mentioned his computer was not working as of today’s meeting, so to please call him with any concerns.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Supervisor Estridge made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Supervisor Ellefson seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: Chairman Drake shared an article about an online news report with members.
Chairman Drake noted that resurfacing of the North Markville Road bridge deck was completed last Friday, June 8th. Also, the short section of St. Croix Trail has been resurfaced after replacing a culvert and raising that section of the road.
The Low Water Crossing on State Line Road needs to be replaced. Hopkins Sand and Gravel will have their engineer look at it to see if that is a project they could handle.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape.
Road Condition Report: Roads generally are in good condition. Mowing will be complete by the 4th of July. Ron will work on State Line Road as time permits.
Northland Community Center:
- Chairman Drake took inventory of all the old tables and chairs and shared a spreadsheet with the board to review. The spreadsheet showed quantities, condition, and recommended disposition of the old tables and chairs.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: None.
- Jim Tolbert, Director, Burnett County Emergency Management, addressed the board with some training materials the town board could use in developing an emergency plan. The board felt it would be beneficial to have an additional working meeting session, with Mr. Tolbert present, to help develop this plan for our town.
- Alternate Claims Procedure – it was identified as needing to pay bills twice a month or not. No change is needed and no action was taken.
- What if any action should be taken regarding the preservation of the old town hall? Supervisor Estridge offered that most grants require that buildings must be at least 100 years old. The old Town Hall was built in 1922, 4 years short of the requirement. Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to demolish the old Town Hall. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Chairman Drake opposed. Motion approved.
The town will place an ad in the newspaper for demolition bids, due July 9, 2018, for the salvaging of material that has value and dismantling of the remaining building. Supervisor Ellefson will meet with the building inspector regarding the regulations for demolition of a building.
- Fire signs – Chairman Drake shared an e-mail stating a motion was passed in July 2015 establishing a town policy that residents are responsible for their fire signs if they are missing for whatever reason and that they are to be ordered through Burnett County. The current cost for fire signs is $65.00. No change in this policy was recommended.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JULY AGENDA:
Supervisor Estridge made a motion to adjourn at 7:12 pm. Supervisor Ellefson seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _12th day of June 2018.
Vern Drake, Chairman