TOWN OF BLAINE
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the March 8, 2023 monthly board meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
Present were Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Assessor Bob Pardun, Ron and Sandy Gallagher, Nicole and Dan Sear, Josh Proffit, Dori Willett and Bill Fish.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Bryan Holter motioned to approve the February 8, 2023 meeting minutes. Chairman Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir will follow up with the board as she was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
Expenses: Supervisor Bryan Holter made a motion to approve payment of monthly expenditures as submitted. Chairman, Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: 1) Chairman Jessica Estridge shared an informational e-mail regarding Burnett County’s Comprehensive Plan survey. This is done every ten years, and if interested in participating she handed out a document with the link to take the on-line survey. The on-line survey information was included in residential tax statements. 2) District Superintendent Jeff Fimreite of Webster Schools would like to attend a town board meeting in the future to introduce himself and to share information with residents regarding school policies. The board will keep residents posted as to when he will attend.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that equipment is holding up good.
Road Condition Report: Ron Gallagher reported that roads with ice are sanded. It was noted that good compliments on road conditions have been received.
Fire Report: Chief Bill Fish reported they purchased a used brush truck with fundraising proceeds. Two calls in the Town of Blaine regarding snowmobiles were had. It was noted that snowmobile trail crossings are terrible in our area. A discussion took place about trail crossing areas and the snowmobile clubs involved with grooming. The county representative will be informed as well as the snowmobile clubs. Chief Bill Fish said everything is in line with the new pump truck, but the company is missing the signed contract and Chairman, Jessica Estridge will send over another signed copy to him.
Northland Community Center:
- Sunday’s: 3/19, 4/2, 4/9, 4/16, 5/7, 5/21/2023; 9:30 am - 12:30 pm. Church Organization
- Tuesday, April 4 – Spring Election
- DOVR (5/14-5/30, 2023) Event 26th-29th
- Saturday, June 3, 2023 Sear Family
- Saturday, June 9-10, 2023 Cozy Corner Trails
- Saturday, September 9, 2023 Holmstrom Family
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: HOURS: 4 PM to 7PM Wednesday evenings, and 11 AM to 3 PM Sunday’s . It was noted Ryan is doing a good job! Clerk Charla Zaccardi will contact Raska to inquire about setting up a portable toilet at the WARTS.
1) Open Book is scheduled for Tuesday, May 9, 2023 from 5 to 7 pm. Board of Review is scheduled for Tuesday, May 16, 2023 from 5 to 7 pm.
2) Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 6:00 pm is the Town of Blaine Annual Meeting. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to hold the April monthly board meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
3) Two road maintenance applications were received. These will be reviewed and interviews scheduled.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE APRIL AGENDA:
Agenda items due Friday before each meeting.
Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 7:40 pm. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 8th day of March, 2023
Jessica Estridge, Chairman