Latest Town Board Minutes
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 11, 2017
TOWN OF BLAINE
July 11, 2017
Chairman Drake called the July 11, 2017 monthly meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessie Estridge, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher and Don Slipher.
Clerk’s Report: Jess made the motion to approve the minutes. Dan seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Dan made the motion to approve the bills as submitted.
Jess seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: None
- Friends of the Namekagon Barrens Wildlife Area 3rd Annual Open House is July 29, 2017. We will post the information on the town website.
- Wisconsin Towns Association monthly report includes good information each month.
- Vern made an important change to the heavy equipment operators’ agreement.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape.
Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape.
- Discussion of chip sealing took place. It was noted chip sealing is used to preserve and lengthen the life of the town’s asphalt roads.
Northland Community Center: Vacation Bible School will be held 2nd week in August. BOR is 8/10/2017 – Open Book 9-11 AM and Board of Review 11 AM-1 PM.
- Ambulance contract coverage. Jess made a motion to approve Proposal 7 for North Memorial Healthcare Ambulance service. Dan seconded. Motion passed.
- Gary’s Pest Control bid for $140.00. Dan made a motion to approve the pest control for the NCC. Jess seconded. Motion passed.
- Prepay pricing from Burnett Dairy Co-op was examined and discussed. We will revisit next month.
- There was a discussion and ideas expressed about the Waste and Recycle Transfer Station. Some of the ideas to improve the station included install cameras, distribute key tags for Blaine residents, possible fence, and small shed for attendant, and opening for a few hours on one additional day per week for accessibility for Blaine residents. Jess made a motion to open the Waste and Recycle Transfer Station on Wednesday’s from 4–7 p.m. year round. Dan seconded. Motion passed.
- ATV usage and ordinance listing was revised and roads identified. Jess made a motion to adopt All-Terrain Vehicle Route Ordinance 7-11-2017-01 for the Town of Blaine, Burnett County, WI. Dan seconded. Motion approved.
- Big McGraw Lake landing Porta-potty will be removed and replaced with a new one.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE AUGUST AGENDA:
Jess made a motion to adjourn at 7:58 pm. Dan seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _11th day of July 2017
Vern Drake, Chairman