The Town of Blaine is now accepting applications for the position of:
Solid Waste and Recycling Transfer Station Attendant.
Please see following job description for all job requirements.
Applicant must meet all requirements. Applications are available online at www.townofblainewi.com/forms or at the
Northland Community Center on Thursdays from 1pm to 3pm.
Applications must be submitted to the Town Clerk at the following address:
Town of Blaine
33249 Little McGraw Lake Road
Danbury, WI 54830
Applications must be received no later than 3PM on Monday, September 12, 2016.
JOB TITLE: Solid Waste and Recycling Transfer Station Attendant
JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs routine work of an unskilled or semi-skilled nature at solid waste transfer site, requiring the ability to do heavy physical labor efficiently.
WAGE: $15.00 per hour.
- Summer Months (April 1st to November 30th):
- Saturday – 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
- Sunday – 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Winter Months (December 1 to March 30th):
- Sunday – 11:00 A. M. to 3:00 P.M.
LOCATION: 34003 State Highway 35, Danbury, WI
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Town Chairman.
ENVIRONMENT: Outside 100%
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knows, understands and implements the solid waste disposal facility operating rules and procedures.
- Monitors access to solid waste disposal facility.
- Conducts visual inspection of loads as needed to prevent disposal of prohibited materials.
- Explains operating policies and procedures to facility users to assure proper use.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of solid waste disposal facility.
- Assists resident and commercial users in the appropriate placement of refuse and recyclables.
- Maintains the recycling area and insures the proper disposal and classification of all recycled materials.
- Sorts and packages cardboard, newspaper, aluminum and other recyclables and stores them in a safe and healthful manner.
- Familiar with and executes safe work procedures associated with assigned work
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS:
- LIFT up to 10 lbs.: Constantly required.
- LIFT 11 to 25 lbs.: Frequently required.
- LIFT 26 to 50 lbs.: Frequently required.
- LIFT over 50 lbs.: Occasionally required. Assistance may be available.
- CARRY up to 10 lbs.: Frequently required.
- CARRY 11 to 25 lbs.: Frequently required.
- CARRY 26 to 50 lbs.: Occasionally required.
- CARRY over 50 lbs.: Occasionally required. Assistance may be available.
- REACH above shoulder height: Occasionally required.
- REACH at shoulder height: Constantly required.
- REACH below shoulder height: frequently required.
- PUSH/PULL: Frequently required.
- Twisting: Frequently required.
- Bending: Frequently required.
- Squatting: Occasionally required.
- Crouching: Rarely required.
- Climbing: Occasionally required.
- Balancing: Not required.
WORK SURFACE(S): Dirt, sand, clay, rough terrain.
- Grasping: Constantly required.
- Handling: Constantly required.
COGNITIVE AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Talking: Necessary for communicating with others.
- Hearing: Necessary for taking instructions from others.
- Sight: Necessary for doing job effectively and correctly.
- Tasting & Smelling: Smelling required to detect odors such as fire, smoke, noxious gases, prohibited materials, etc.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to perform manual labor in environments characterized by heat or cold, dust, noise, rain, and snow that may produce slippery conditions at the work site.
- Reliable attendance and performance in all climatic and environmental conditions.
- Drug screening maybe required.
SUMMARY OF OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURES:
- May be exposed to herbicides, pesticides, fuels, solvents, household garbage, etc.
- May be exposed to long periods of sunlight.