Town of Blaine, Burnett County
The Town of Blaine is accepting resumes for the position of Municipal Clerk. Position includes all duties of a Municipal Clerk and other duties as assigned. Due to significant interaction with administration, staff, and residents, applicants must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Proficiency with computers, other office equipment, Microsoft Office and Quickbooks software are required. Applicants must have strong written and communication skills. The position is approximately 16 hours per week including attending all Town Board meetings. Send resume to Town of Blaine, 33249 Little McGraw Lake Rd., Danbury, WI 54830.
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Municipal Clerk"
- Participate in the administration of municipal elections, including preparation and distribution of ballots, appointment and training of election officers, and tabulation and certification of results.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings, then distribute them to appropriate locations.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Issue public notification of all official activities and meetings.
- Maintain and update documents such as municipal ordinances.
- Prepare meeting agendas and packets of related information.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, and proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, and distributed.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, and state and federal legislative offices.
- Maintain payroll and taxes records.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
Knowledge, Experience, Education Required for: "Municipal Clerk
- Clerical -- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft office, managing files and records, Quickbooks, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.