TOWN OF BLAINE
September 11, 2018
Chairman, Vern Drake called the September 11, 2018 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Bonnie Young, Matt Holter, Mona Velebir and Ron and Sharon Proffit.
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Estridge made the motion to approve the minutes. Supervisor Ellefson seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Treasurer Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
- We have received a $38,285 check from FEMA and Wisconsin for reimbursement for road damages from the July 16, 2016 storm.
- Chairman Drake shared the ad for Bids for Gravel Crushing and noted there was one inquiry.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape. The grader was due for service and software was updated.
Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape. Pulverization of old asphalt was completed on McGraw Lake Road and the last two culverts will be installed soon. It was noted the culvert north of the “Cement Bridge” was blocked. Chairman Drake shared a couple options for signs for closure of the Low-Water-Crossing on State Line Road. The signs will be ordered and one will be put at each end of State Line Road. Clerk Zaccardi will contact the Town of Arna and Town of New Dosey regarding mowing of road ditches.
Northland Community Center:
- There will be a prime rib dinner fundraiser on Saturday, October 13, 2018 for D.O.V.R (Dairyland Outdoor Veterans Retreat) at the NCC.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: Sheldon Johnson, the Northwest Regional Planning Commission stopped by Saturday, September 9th and talked to Bonnie Young, our attendant, regarding recyclable items and common items “Not” recyclable. We have 3 bins designated for recyclables only. They are requesting that residents discard only recyclable items that are Empty, Clean and Dry. Chairman Drake has sent an e-mail to Jennifer Barton, Environment Specialist, for clarification and questions regarding the procedure.
- Chairman Drake shared with board members a GTA (Government Transportation Aide) calculation for calendar year 2018 for the Town of Blaine.
- There has been logging going in Blaine, but we have not received signed agreements from the loggers. Chairman Drake will contact loggers about the agreement and road repairs.
- Chairman Drake reviewed the ongoing issues and research regarding town road reclamation.
- A budget working session has been set for Tuesday, October 22, 2018 at 4:15 pm at Clerk Zaccardi’s home.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE OCTOBER AGENDA:
Supervisor Estridge made a motion to adjourn at 7:15 p.m. Supervisor Ellefson seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _11th day of September 2018.
Vern Drake, Chairman