TOWN OF BLAINE
January 17, 2017 Minutes
Chairman Drake called the January 17, 2017 monthly meeting to order at 6:15 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Bonnie Young, Cathy and Steve Lundeen, Dan Ellefson and Charla Zaccardi .
Clerk’s Report: Marty made the motion to approve the minutes. Jessie seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Marty made the motion to approve the bills as submitted.
Jessie seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: Vern reported he was notified of timber sales in Section 36 and East of Evergreen Cemetery. Vern received a letter indicating transportation aids for 2017.
- Road Equipment Update: All road equipment is in good condition.
- Road Condition Report: The roads are in good shape.
- Northland Community Center: Everything is in good shape. Go ahead with waxing the kitchen and hallway.
- Division of supervisor duties finalized.
- Swearing in of new Town Clerk, Charla Zaccardi.
- Election Primary on February 21, 2017.
- Marty made the motion that during emergency icy road conditions and only upon request the Town Road Maintenance personnel will spread sand on icy private driveways of town residents and parking lots of places frequented by the public. During these emergencies Town of Blaine road maintenance can be called at 715-733-0673. The Town Chairman after consultation with Road Maintenance Personnel will make the determination of an ice emergency. Jessie seconded the motion. Motion passed.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE FEBRUARY AGENDA:
- Proposal to move board meeting to the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Marty made a motion to adjourn at 6:45 pm. Jessie seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this 17th day of January 2017.
Vern Drake, Chairman