TOWN OF BLAINE
November 15, 2016
Chairman Drake called the November 15, 2016 monthly meeting to order at 6:09 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Ron Proffit, Brittney Frye and Matt Holter.
Clerk’s Report: Marty made the motion to approve the minutes. Jessie seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Marty made the motion to approve the bills as submitted. Jessie seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: Vern explained the difference in the Monarch bid and bill. Town will go ahead and pay bill as submitted. Vern discussed the great turnout the town had for the Presidential Election.
- Road Equipment Update: Everything is in good running order and ready for the winter.
- Road Condition Report: State Line gate is missing over the culvert and water is over the road possibly due to the beavers. Ron will check. Prep work has started on Springbrook Trail in order to prepare for spring grant project.
- Northland Community Center: Everything is in good shape.
- ERHT – Brittney Frye from Burnett County presented the board with water test kits to test well water around the town for arsenic levels free of charge.
- FLAP – The town does not qualify for the FLAP grant.
- Jessie will rewrite the drug policy to include all town employees and submit next board meeting.
- FEMA – Vern updated the board on the total costs due to July 11th storm and is optimistic that town will receive compensation from FEMA.
- WARTS project tabled until next spring.
- Chairman and Supervisors reviewed the division of duties and will start using the guidelines. They will make adjustments as needed.
- Stephanie will run an ad in the Burnett County Sentinel for the clerk position.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE DECEMBER 6TH AGENDA:
- Supervisor duties
- Clerk job
Marty made a motion to adjourn at 7:15 pm. Jessie seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this 15th day of November 2016.
Vern Drake, Chairman