April 19, 2016

Chairman Drake called the April 19, 2016 monthly meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. 

Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessie Estridge, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher and Donny Slipher.

Clerk’s Report:  Marty made the motion to approve the minutes. Jessie seconded. Motion passed.
Stephanie proposed an Alcohol Control Ordinance to give clerk and chairman authority to approve provisional and retail liquor licenses. Marty motioned to adopt the ordinance and set the fee for provisional licenses at $10.00. Jessie seconded. Ordinance adopted.

Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.

Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Marty made the motion to approve the bills as submitted.  

Jessie seconded.  Motion passed.

Citizen’s Input: Don Carlson asked when the dump would be open for metal recycling. The dump will accept metal for recycling during any regular dump hours.

Chairman’s Report: Vern will be attending the next WTA meeting at the Government Center in Siren on April 28, 2016 at 7pm. Vern will be meeting with Steve Austin from Webb Lake Board about shared town borders and other issues that involve both the town of Blaine and Webb Lake. The crack sealing project is completed. New flag is needed at the Evergreen Cemetery and Vern will replace it. Vern was made aware of old Saint Croix Wagon Wheel Trail that goes through the Town of Blaine. Vern would like the town to work with the historical society to put up signage about the trail. Vern will check in to rustic road designation for qualifying town roads.   Vern also brought up that if products are bought on the towns behave by contractors they may be tax exempt.


  1. Road Equipment Update:  The Ford gravel dump truck needs to be brought in for repairs. Ron will take it in for service.
  2. Road Condition Report:  Roads are in good shape.
  3. Northland Community Center: Everything is good condition.


  1. Vern reminded the board and town employees that the grant for the project on Springbrook Trail is a matched grant and we need to be sure to turn in all receipts for the project which needs to be completed by November 30, 2016
  2. Amended ad for asphalt project on McGraw Road will run in the Burnett County Sentinel the week of April 27th and May 4th.
  3. Board members will continue to discuss the division of duties.
  4. Adopting County Zoning, this item was discussed at the Annual Meeting. Refer to minutes from Annual Meeting.
  5. Hiring practices for town employees has been tabled to next month.
  6. The road swap with Dairyland will be tabled until we hear from Dairyland Chairman Ron Deyo.
  7. Dan Ellefson has requested that Namekagon Point Road and a section of Springbrook Trail be designated as ATV Route. Marty made motion to designate Namekagon Point Road and a section of Springbrook Trail designated as ATV Route. Jessie seconded. Motion passed. Dan Ellefson will contact ATV Club about signage.
  8. The spillway bridge on State Line Road may qualify for Federal funding as it is 21 feet long. If so the Federal funding would cover 80% of the construction and the town cover the other 20%. Road closed signs will be in place until further notice.

Road inspection date is set for May 18, 2016. The board members will meet at the town garage at 8am.


  1. Shared duties for board members
  2. Hiring practices

Marty made a motion to adjourn at 7:57. Jessie seconded. Motion passed.  Meeting adjourned.                                                      

Respectfully submitted,  
Stephanie Askin, Clerk 

Signed and dated this ___19__ day of April 2016.

By: ________________________________________

          Vern Drake, Chairman