TOWN OF BLAINE
September 8, 2015
Chairman Drake called the September 8, 2015 monthly meeting to order at 6 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Donny Slipher.
Clerk’s Report: Marty motioned to accept the minutes. Jessie seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Reportwas read by Larry Holter.
Expenses were reviewed. Jessica made the motion to approve the bills as submitted. Marty seconded. Motion passed
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: Signage for ATV trail has been put up on St. Croix Trail. New paper towel dispensers installed in Northland Community Center restrooms, gravel crushing is complete. The August 22nd event in the Barron’s was successful. Vern measured the dumpsterfor fence and/or roofing and will check with some of the surrounding towns on what they have. Security cameras were also suggested as another option. Change left at Evergreen Cemetery will be used for maintenance/improvement at the cemetery.
- Road Equipment Update: All equipment is in good running order.
- Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape.
- Northland Community Center: New paper towel dispensers installed
- The Hillcrest Cemetery survey is tentatively set for Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Need to change domain name to continue with new website. Townofblainewi.com was decided on.
- The Wisconsin Town Association dues are increased to $338.50 based on population.
- The Town of Blaine population is estimated to be at 196 by the end 2015, Board will not challenge that number.
- Town received letter showing “equalized value” informational for tax base.
- Town received software update for John Deere tractor. Edward will install the software.
- Stephanie will talk to Rural Mutual to report payroll figures for Workman’s comp.
- Vern received the Local Roads Improvement Program packet and will take it to Bob Morehouse.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE OCTOBER AGENDA:
- Burial plots on personal property
Marty motioned to adjourn at 06:45. Jessie seconded. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this ___10__ day of September 2015.
Vern Drake, Chairman