TOWN OF BLAINE
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the November 9, 2022 monthly board meeting to order at 7:01 pm.
Present: Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Ron Gallagher, Ron Proffit, Dale Engebretson, Matt Holter, Kevin Tidemand, Brandie Fornengo and Bonnie (Young) and Tony Bentley.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the October 12, 2022 meeting minutes. Chairman, Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the Wednesday, October 19, 2022 Special Meeting minutes containing approving a loan until we receive grant monies from the State of Wisconsin for road projects and also information on pumper truck payments. Chairman, Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk Charla Zaccardi reported to board members the current Bremer Bank checking account balance.
Expenses: Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve expenditure payments as submitted. Chairman, Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None.
Chairman’s Report: Chairman Jessica Estridge mentioned a new WARTS attendant, Ryan, will start on Sunday, November 13, 2022. It was also reported road projects are wrapping up.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that the mower was not working at this time and was in the shop.
Road Condition Report: Roads are all in good shape. Culverts will be delivered for N. Markville Road soon and “Road Closed” signs will be posted. Gravel will be placed within Hillcrest Cemetery next year. New fire signs have been installed for Big Island Road and Cocherham Road along with a fire sign at Hillcrest Cemetery. Next years road review will include new signs for several that are faded in the Barrens due to emergency/fire requirements.
Fire Report: Chief, Billy Fish couldn’t be here tonight, but it was reported the trucks received their annual service and everything went well.
Northland Community Center:
- Saturday and Sunday, November 12-13, 2022 Cozy Corner Trails
Snowmobile/ATV safety class 9:30 am to 2 pm each day
- Sunday, November 20, 2022 Slipher Family Memorial
- Saturday, June 3, 2023 Sear Family event
- Saturday, September 9, 2023 Holmstrom Family wedding
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: OPEN Wednesday, 4-7 PM and Sunday, 11 AM to 3 PM.
1) Adiscussion took place reviewing the town connecting roads that were closed to see if there were any differences this year. A lot of gravel and rock were hauled out to the Barren roads. It was noted that the last 2 years a good amount of money has been spent on the gravel roads. The roads are better and the gravel helps. A discussion took place regarding funding of trails and town roads and where does all the visitor money go? It was noted that the work that has been done will continue to require maintenance every 3 to 5 years. Trucks versus ATV/UTV’s on the trails were discussed. It was mentioned that the clubs should be asked to advocate with the County to move the trails alongside the roads. Recently the DNR have been out replacing some of the faded signs. The Town is responsible for signs of the selected roads being closed. The town has posted no signs and riders are still riding them, also the county GPS is still showing them open. There is no indication of any possible damage to the closed roads. Supervisor Bryan Holter will work with the county before Spring to add signage to help identify these closed areas.
2) Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to add the proposed 2023 Budget approval to the current agenda. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to officially approve the 2023 Budget as presented. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE DECEMBER AGENDA
NCC usage rate
Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to adjourn at 7:40 pm. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 9th day of November, 2022
Jessica Estridge, Chairman