TOWN OF BLAINE
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the April 19, 2022 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
Present were Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Mona Velebir, Dori Willett, Ron Proffit, Brandie Fornengo and Bill Fish.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Bryan Holter motioned to approve the March 9, 2022 meeting minutes. Supervisor Josh Fornengo seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir reported.
Expenses: Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve payment of expenditures as submitted. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: Ron Proffit asked about wifi or fiber optic internet options with Century Link for the NCC. This could possibly happen next month and will be approximately $50 per month. It was mentioned that East Central Energy might have broadband services available on powerlines within about 4 years. A spokesperson from ECE will hopefully be in attendance at the East Pine County Wander’s luncheon and program on April 27, 2022 and share more information.
Chairman’s Report: 1) Chairman Jessica Estridge reported they will be surveying the Hillcrest Cemetery to get the driveway in. It was mentioned it would be easier to manage in the future if we used round caps. 2) Furnace bids for the NCC will be reviewed at the next monthly board meeting.
Road Equipment Update: None.
Road Condition Report: None.
Fire Report: Dairyland Fire Chief Bill Fish reported that it had been a quiet month for the department.
Northland Community Center:
1) It was reported there is a bad seal on the kitchen sink facet that will need fixing.
2) A bid from MPM for bug spraying was reviewed and it was determined the NCC didn’t need that much service, so board members will get more bids for more limited services.
3) Upcoming Events:
Open Book – Tuesday, May 10, 2022 9-11 am.
Board of Review – Tuesday, May 17, 2022 9-11 am.
Scheduled event – Sunday afternoon, May 22, 2022
Fall Partisan Primary, Tuesday, August 9th
Fall General Election, Tuesday, November 8th
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: Now open Wednesday, 4-7 PM, Saturday, 10 AM to 2 PM and Sunday, 11 AM to 3 PM.
1) A bid will be published in the paper for crack sealing of town roads. Bids are due at 5 PM on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
2) A date has been set for the Annual town road inspection. Board members will inspect roads on Saturday, June 4, 2022 with a rain date set as Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 7AM.
3) Spongy moth (formerly known as gypsy month) aerial spray will typically start in late June and lasts until late July this year dependent upon the weather conditions.
4) Businesses in town will receive their liquor license renewal applications soon.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE MAY AGENDA
Opening of mowing bids
Opening of crack sealing bids
Window replacement and furnace bids addressed for the NCC
Fire truck/tanker proposals
Agenda items due Friday before each meeting.
Supervisor Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 6:43 pm. Supervisor Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 19th day of April, 2022
Jessica Estridge, Chairman