TOWN OF BLAINE
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the February 9, 2022 monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Bob Pardun, Ron Gallagher, Dori Willett, Ron Proffit, Matt Holter, Billy Fish, Brandie Fornengo, Kevin and Kathy Tidemand and Mary Harrington.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the January 12, 2022 meeting minutes. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Clerk, Charla Zaccardi reported.
Expenses: Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve payment of expenditures as submitted. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
1) Chairman Estridge discussed an e-mail she received regarding a Facebook post mentioning the upcoming school board elections.
2) Chairman Estridge reported that an e-mail inquiry abut a town employee’s schedule was brought up. Road Manager, Josh Fornengo will look into the inquiry.
3) Chairman Estridge reported that the town has new stairs at the WARTS. Thank you Supervisor Bryan Holter for your help with this.
4) Chairman Estridge reported an update on broadband expansion. The town is continuing to work with SirenTel in hopes of an agreement from them to apply with the township for grants to expand broadband into our area.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that he put new blades on the grader.
Road Condition Report: Ron Gallagher reported that roads are plowed and sanded as well as in the Barrens. The blowing snow on N. Markville Road has been taken care of.
Fire Report: Dairyland Fire Chief Billy Fish reported two medical calls and a fire call last month. There was discussion of purchasing a tanker in the future. The Ambulance Committee has entered negotiations with North Memorial on an updated contract extension per approval of the WTA.
Northland Community Center:
1) Recently a blower motor was replaced on the furnace at the NCC. The board received a furnace replacement proposal from Earth Energy, Siren, WI. The board is waiting for two other known bids to be received.
2) The Spring Primary is going to be held on Tuesday, February 15, 2022. Polls open at 7am until 8 pm.
3) There is a hole in the window at the NCC. Supervisor Bryan Holter will look into getting this fixed and replaced.
3) WARTS – It was noted Bonnie Young has been attending election training for part of the last two Sundays.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: HOURS: 11 AM to 3 PM Sunday’s through March 31, 2022.
1) The board set the dates for Open Book to be Tuesday, May 10, 2022 and the Board of Review to be held on Tuesday, May 17, 2022. The times for both dates will be 9am to 11am at the Northland Community Center.
2) There was discussion of internet hot spots and fiberopitcs options. Century Link is located so close to the building and this would be the best option. Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to use Century Link and Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded the motion. Motion approved.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE MARCH AGENDA
Agenda items due Friday before each meeting.
Supervisor Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 7:55 pm. Supervisor Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 9th day of February, 2022
Jessica Estridge, Chairman