TOWN OF BLAINE
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Chairman Jessica Estridge called the May 18, 2021 monthly board meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.
Present were Chairman Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Bryan Holter via telephone, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Mona Velebir, Ron Gallagher, Ron Proffit, Klaus Nieder, Brandie Fornengo, Matt Holter, Bonnie Young, Dori Willett and Kent Klausing.
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the April 20, 2021 meeting minutes. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mona Velebir reported.
Expenses: Supervisor Josh Fornengo made a motion to approve payment of expenditures as submitted. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: Ron Proffit reported there was an electrical short at the NCC that was recently fixed by a friend of his. It was was noted a few fixtures need replacement in the future. Ron will give the board the name and phone number of this electrician. Matt Holter mentioned that North Memorial Ambulance response time was really quick today. Chairman Estridge stated that response times have been on time and there have been 6 response calls this year.
Chairman’s Report: None.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported that everything is good. The grader has a new battery.
Road Condition Report: Ron Gallagher reported that he has the material to begin patch work on paved roads. Crack sealing is not needed this year. Big Island Road needs a culvert replaced and big rocks taken out with a backhoe. Ron will get price quotes on culverts. Gene Visgar will work with Ron part-time as needed for road work. The annual Road Inspection has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 22, 2021.
Northland Community Center: The Board of Review was held today at the NCC with no changes. Further required BOR training will be done by board members.
Upcoming events are noted below:
June 5, 2021 McConkey Event
June 12, 2021 Table and Chair rental booked
October 16, 2021 DOVR fundraiser
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: Now open Wed, 4-7 PM, Sat, 10 AM to 2 PM and Sunday, 11 AM to 3 PM.
1) Shared duties were reviewed and assigned. A possible History Committee may be formed in the future if there is interest.
2) The annual road inspection has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 22, 2021.
3) Bids were opened for NCC and Hillcrest Cemetery for lawn mowing. Supervisor Josh Fornengo motioned to approve the bid from Matt Holter for mowing the NCC for $100 per occurrence and to approve the bid from Larry Kern for lawn mowing of the Hillcrest Cemetery for $225 per occurrence. Supervisor Bryan Holter seconded. Motion approved.
4) Opening of bids for the interior and exterior of the NCC has been postponed to June 2021. We will be posting and publishing bids to paint the interior and exterior of the NCC. These bids will be due to the Town Clerk at 34096 Lee Road by 5 PM, June 15, 2021.
5) Supervisor Josh Fornengo will contact Cooper Engineering regarding changes to the structure for improvement of South Markville Road. It was noted we will need a culvert at the second corner from Hwy 35.
6) Chairman Jessica Estridge will contact Vern Drake regarding FEMA projects and extension application process.
7) Supervisor Bryan Holter has obtained a contract with Raska to come out and pump the porta potty once a month at Big McGraw Lake boat landing.
8) No Parking signs will be ordered for Big McGraw Road to be placed on the south side. One sign will be ordered for Bents Road as well. A fire sign will be ordered for the feed lot on North Markville Road.
4) Open town roads are listed on our town website www.townofblainewi.com and are open to ATV/UTV usage at this time.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JUNE AGENDA:
Opening bids for interior/exterior painting of NCC
Agenda items due Friday before each meeting.
Supervisor Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 8:15 pm. Supervisor Holter seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 18th day of May, 2021
Jessica Estridge, Chairman