Latest Town Board Minutes
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
October 13, 2020
TOWN OF BLAINE
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Chairman Vern Drake called the October 13, 2020 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Sharon and Ron Proffit, Bonnie Young, Ron and Sandy Gallagher, John and Mona Velebir, Bryan Holter and Matt Holter.
Pledge of Allegiance
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Estridge motioned to approve the September 8, 2020 meeting minutes. Supervisor Fornengo seconded. Motion approved.
Supervisor Fornengo motioned to approve the September 24, 2020 Special meeting minutes. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Expenses: Supervisor Estridge made a motion to approve payment of expenditures as submitted. Supervisor Fornengo seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: Supervisor Estridge as a board member and town citizen inquired about the process of moving the monthly board meetings back to 7 pm. Chairman Drake, Supervisor Fornengo and Clerk Zaccardi had no objections, so the request will be put on the agenda for the November 17th board meeting for discussion and decision. Any change will have to be communicated with the county so the changes are made in the Burnett County Directory published each June.
Chairman’s Report: 1) Chairman Drake shared the 2021 GTA amount as $145,200.
2) Chairman Drake will be attending the Wisconsin Towns Association Meeting Thursday, October 22nd in Siren. He is requesting to be added to the agenda regarding town roads due to increased ATV/UTV traffic. 3) Chairman Drake noted the South Markville Road bridge has been repaired. 4) The repair of the guardrail on Big McGraw Road is anticipated for this fall. 5) There has been no change or any new information regarding Big Hill Road. 6) Work has been started on the scenic pull-off on Namekagon Trail. 7) Chairman Drake would like to get more estimates for painting the interior of the gym and bathroom floors at the NCC.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher stated that all equipment is in good condition.
Road Condition Report: Ron Gallagher stated that all roads are in good condition. Supervisor Estridge asked if Ron is keeping track of time put in on grading, and he is.
Northland Community Center: Upcoming events are: Celebration of Life for Larry Holter on Saturday, October 17, 2020 from Noon to 3 pm at the Northland Community Center. Wedding shower on Saturday, October 24, 2020. Possibly a meeting of the East Pine County Wanderers on Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: None.
1) To fill out the remainder of the unexpired term the Town Treasurer position will be appointed at a later date. This will provide an opportunity for the board to review the Treasurer’s job duties and responsibilities and make some adjustments before making an appointment.
2) Chairman Drake gave some background on UTV/ATV use on town roads. Three factors have brought up about the changes: 1) Increased volume of traffic; 2) Larger machines; 3) Rental machines. Factors discussed included road damage and town road safety. Chairman Drake shared an e-mail from Town of Blaine residents Julie and Steve Yezek. A discussion regarding the many ATV issues took place. Chairman Drake will determine more accurately the miles of connecting town road routes and will also try to get on the County WTA agenda to lobby the Wisconsin legislature to change the law and treat town roads used as ATV routes the same as the current ATV trails.
3) Options were considered for replacing the NCC library flooring damaged during the roof replacement when water damage occurred. Chairman Drake and Supervisor Fornengo will meet with Sandstrom Roofing to determine how to proceed. The cost for the newly installed library flooring was estimated to be $2,600 for labor and materials.
4) The Budget Meeting was set for Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 7 pm held at the NCC. The next monthly Board Meeting will be moved to the 3rd Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 6 pm.
Items to be placed on the November Agenda: Changing the board meeting starting time from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Supervisor Fornengo made a motion to adjourn at 7:05 pm. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 13th day of October, 2020
Vern Drake, Chairman