TOWN OF BLAINE
ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES
April 17, 2018 6:00 PM NCC
Vern Drake called the 2018 Annual Meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
In attendance were Chairman Drake, Supervisor Ellefson, Supervisor Estridge, Treasurer Holter, Clerk Zaccardi, Ron Gallagher, Don Slipher, Ron and Sharon Proffit, Josh Proffit and Tammy Baer.
Chairman Drake shared the Annual Elector’s Town Meeting “A Tutorial” a review of the purpose, jurisdiction, powers and conducting the Town Meeting.
- Supervisor, Estridge motioned to accept the April 18, 2017 minutes with the dated correction in item 8. Supervisor Ellefson seconded. Motion passed.
- The 2018 Profit and Loss statement was presented by Chairman Drake.
- April 2015 Electors Meeting: “A motion was approved to get an estimate from Sandstrom Roofing regarding a roof replacement for the NCC.” This item will be placed on the May 2018 agenda.
- Chairman Drake reviewed the TRID (Town Road Improvement Discretionary) application and stated there is a very good chance it will be approved for $250,000 for the South Markville Road project. Board members thanked Chairman Drake for his work on this.
- Chairman Drake proposed to return the historical town records from the Burnett County Historical Society back to the NCC for safekeeping. The items could be reviewed, identified, and inventoried. The articles could be brought back in segments not all at once. Ron Proffit made a motion to have historical items returned to the NCC, Ron Gallagher seconded the motion. Motion approved.
- What if any action should be taken regarding the preservation of the old town hall? A discussion ensued with regard to the value of the roof, making the building safe, and how much the historical preservation would cost. This will be an agenda item for May 2018.
- Promoting the historical 1863 Stagecoach Road which runs through the Town of Blaine will take some time. Chairman Drake will express to the promotors of this project that the Town of Blaine remains interested in supporting this important historical project for civic and tourism purposes.
- No new compensation was established for the incoming Town Board of Supervisors including the chairperson to go into effect April 2019 until we gather more data from other towns of our size/population. We will have more research and hold a special meeting in November 2018.
- A citizen’s inquiry was brought to the boards’ attention from a previous incident at the Waste and Recycle Transfer Station. As a board it was agreed that the Town should do something to help with Don Slipher’s hearing aids. The Town will look into how we can provide some relief for Don through worker’s compensation or insurance. As a town employee at the time, he was badly hurt in 2011 on town property.
- Ron Proffit made a Motion to set the date for 2019 Annual Electors Meeting for 6pm April 16, 2019 at the Northland Community Center. Sharon Proffit seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Motion to adjourn was made by Ron Gallagher, seconded by Supervisor Ellefson. Motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 6:55 PM
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 17th day of April, 2018
Vern Drake, Board Chairman