TOWN OF BLAINE
March 13, 2018
Chairman, Vern Drake called the March 13, 2018 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Ron Proffit, Josh Proffit, Bob Pardun and Bonnie Young.
Clerk’s Report: Dan made the motion to approve the minutes. Vern seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Dan made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Vern seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: None
2. Open Book is scheduled for Tuesday, May 15, 2018 from 9 AM to 11 AM.
The Board of Review (BOR) is scheduled for Tuesday, May 22, 2018 from 9 AM to 11 AM.
Both the Open Book and Board of Review are to be held at the Northland Community Center, 1232 E. School Road, Danbury, WI 54830.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape.
Road Condition Report: Good conditions.
Northland Community Center: There are two funerals scheduled for the NCC this month. The petty cash fund for the NCC library attendant has been replenished. Playground equipment will be fixed as the weather permits. Downspouts will be replaced this week and cracks around the drainage scuppers filled. General light maintenance for the NCC was discussed and it was proposed to contract with Josh Proffit to do this work for $250.00 quarterly.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: None.
- The spring election is Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at the NCC.
- Set date for Open Book & BOR (see above)
- The Annual Electors Meeting will be held April 17, 2018 at 6 p.m. with the regular monthly board meeting immediately following.
- Chairman Drake shared a list of temporary employees and their phone numbers to be called upon during employee absences or as needed for additional work.
- Supervisor Ellefson will provide a proposal for a new sign for the Waste and Recycle Transfer Station.
- There was discussion regarding the old Town Hall and what to do with it. It was decided it is to be boarded up to keep the pigeons out. It will be put on the Annual Electors Meeting Agenda.
- Chairman Drake shared an updated road resurfacing 2018 -2019 handout.
- Chairman Drake shared a cost comparison regarding the Waste and Recycle Transfer Station in a handout.
- Jim Tolbert, Burnett County Emergency Management Director, has been invited to view our facility on May 8th for a presentation and to tour the NCC to consider it as an emergency shelter.
- Chairman Drake mentioned he has been able to communicate through e-mails with several people in the Town of Blaine. To expand the e-mail address list, for any residents interested, it was suggested to have an e-mail sign-up sheet at the NCC.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE APRIL AGENDA:
Dan made a motion to adjourn at 7:02 pm. Vern seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _13th day of March 2018.
Vern Drake, Chairman