TOWN OF BLAINE
April 18, 2017
Northland Community Center 6 p.m
Chairman Drake called the April 18, 2017 monthly meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Marty Pearson, Don Slipher, Ron Proffit, Don Carlson, Steve Holter and Jason Towne.
Clerk’s Report: Chairman Drake, Treasurer Holter and Supervisors, Dan Ellefson and Jessica Estridge, each gave an Oath of Office to serve on the Board for the Town of Blaine.
Jessica made the motion to approve the March 21, 2017 Minutes. Dan seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Dan made the motion to approve the bills as submitted.
Jessica seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: A request to borrow table and chairs for an event June 8th was approved.
- Vern contacted Bremer Bank and took care of inactive accounts.
- We will be crack filling asphalt roads with hot rubber fill.
- There was a request for a donation to the Historical Society, but in the past the board voted away with such requests.
- The 2% dues for the Dairyland Fire Department has been resolved. It was noted that Fran Reinhardt is the new Chair and Matt Holter is a new Supervisor for the Town of Dairyland.
- Monarch Paving will be in our area in August.
- Citizens have found remnants of an old Namekagon River bridge within the Barrens and would like to install historical markers.
- Cemetery clean-up day is Saturday, May 13th at 10 a.m., citizens are welcome to help!
- There was discussion regarding the flag poles and illumination of the flags which will be replaced.
- Road Equipment Update: Ron mentioned he obtained new tires and mounting for the tractor.
- Road Condition Report: Ron mentioned they will be doing some grading. Springbrook Trail has ongoing conditions and State Line Road is in bad shape.
- Northland Community Center: Everything is in good shape. There is a private event scheduled in August. The Wesleyan Church approached Vern about using the Northland Community Center Sundays and Wednesday in the future dependent upon their facility outcome.
- Liquor license renewal packets have been sent out to Otis’ Bar and Hillside Bar.
- Jessica Estridge is our Sexton for the town. Dan motioned to reimburse Jessica $15.00/hour for these extra duties, Vern 2nd the motion, motion approved.
- Board of Review will be held at 5:45 p.m. on May 9th.
- The road inspection will be held on Sunday, April 30th at 8:00 a.m.
- Vern gave an outline of a bridge inspection report from Burnett County.
- A contract for the Town of Blaine will be developed for loggers.
- The sign will be repaired and replaced for the WART and hours were confirmed.
- We will re-visit the issue of utility companies spraying to control growth under powerlines in May.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE MAY AGENDA:
- HR Practices
- Liquor License
- Lawn mowing bids
- BOR – May 9th @ 5:45 p.m.
- Utility company spraying
Dan made a motion to adjourn at 8:10 pm. Jessica seconded. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 18th day of April 2017.
Vern Drake, Chairman