TOWN OF BLAINE
December 13, 2016
Chairman Drake called the December 13, 2016 monthly meeting to order at 6 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Ron Proffit, Dawn Snow, Linsey Ellis and Matt Holter.
Clerk’s Report: Jessie made the motion to approve the minutes. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Jessie made the motion to approve the bills as submitted. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: Vern has submitted the LRIP for the Big McGraw Road project and the Town should receive over $15,000 in reimbursement. Vern is still working the zoning changes. Vern also read the County ordinance for dog licenses and discussed the prices of propane for the Northland Community Center and garage. It was decided to table the benefits vs. rental of propane tanks until spring.
- Road Equipment Update: Everything is in good running order and ready for the winter.
- Road Condition Report: Roads are in good condition. Ron will check on the pile that was dumped on North Markville Road. Stateline will need attention come spring.
- Northland Community Center: Everything is in good shape.
- Linsey Ellis and Dawn Snow gave a report of the call outs of Dairyland Fire and Rescue for the Town of Blaine. Vern will add them to the spread sheet. Also discussed was the 911 calls being routed through Burnett County instead of Douglas County.
- Caucus date is set for January 17, 2017 at 6 PM followed by the monthly town board meeting, which is moved to January 17th due schedule conflicts.
- Marty and Jessie have worked on the division of duties for supervisors and will email it to Vern.
- Jessie made the motion to accept Dennis Quinn’s contract to be the Town’s Building inspector.
- Beaver Control for the Town is done through Tony Stelsel. Tony bills the Town $30 per beaver.
- Larry states that Bremer Bank closing Danbury Branch will not affect town business since most business is done by mail.
- Stephanie has received four resumes for the Town Clerk position and turned them over to Vern and is expecting at least one, which she will forward to Vern.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JANUARY 17TH 2017 AGENDA:
- Supervisor duties
- Clerk job
Jessie made a motion to adjourn at 7:10 pm. Vern seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this 13th day of December 2016.
Vern Drake, Chairman