Latest Town Board Minutes
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
April 16, 2019
TOWN OF BLAINE
April 16, 2019
Chairman Drake called the April 16, 2019 monthly board meeting to order at 6:42 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Josh Fornengo, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Billy Fish, Ron and Sandy Gallagher, Dan and Nicole Sear, Bonnie Young, Cole Fornengo, Ron and Sharon Proffit and Brandie Fornengo.
Clerk’s Report: Chairman Drake, Treasurer Holter and Supervisors, Joshua Fornengo and Jessica Estridge, each gave an Oath of Office to serve as Board Officers for the Town of Blaine. Bill Fish, Fire Chief of the Dairyland Volunteer Fire Department gave an Oath of Office to serve the Towns of Blaine and Dairyland.
Chairman Drake made a note of thanks to Dan Ellefson for his past service on the town board.
Chairman Drake made the motion to approve the March 12, 2019 board meeting minutes. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Treasurer Holter.
Expenses: Supervisor Estridge made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Supervisor Fornengo seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
Chairman’s Report: Chairman Drake shared several handouts with board members including board duties, salary updates and heavy haulers procedures for heavy trucks and other heavy equipment operating on town roads.
Road Equipment Update: Ron Gallagher reported a new windshield was replaced in the International gravel truck.
Road Condition Report: Ron also reported the roads are in good condition. Supervisor Estridge mentioned a report of what is being worked on month to month would be helpful in the future.
The Annual Road Inspection will be held Monday, May 20, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
Northland Community Center:
April 27th: Private Party
May 14th: Open Book 9 – 11 a.m., and 6 p.m. town board meeting
May 19th: Private party
May 21st: Board of Review 9 -11 a.m.
May 29th: 11:30 a.m. Pine County Wanderers potluck dinner with the speaker a former Thunderbird F16 Pilot.
June 1st: Private Wedding reception.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: Ron Gallagher reported there was an increase in weekly trash drop offs in the past few months. Chairman Drake will check on the status of a new large sign and ask Supervisor Fornengo to follow up. Supervisor Estridge will look into the trash hauling cost increases if any.
- Chairman Drake presented a bid for road crack filling from Roy’s Sealcoating. Supervisor Estridge made a motion to accept the sealcoating bid from Roy’s Sealcoating, Supervisor Fornengo seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Ads have been placed for bidding on the McGraw Lake Road project. Bids are due by May 14, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Chairman Drake shared an update from Cooper Engineering on road projects. South Markville Road – The Hydrology & Hydraulic (H & H) studies have been completed and wetlands identified and the project is on schedule. Stateline Road Low Water Crossing – The H & H studies have not been done due to ice and snow. Design for a replacement structure is on hold waiting for funding information. N. Markville Road is not eligible for anticipated funding from FEMA, but Chairman Drake will pursue other avenues. A discussion ensued and we will wait for more engineering information.
- Dairyland Fire Department will provide us the Blaine Town Board a quarterly update on calls and response times. Chief-Fish will provide this data.
- There will be a Winter Road Maintenance Policy placed on the town website.
- Chairman Drake shared General Transportation Aid calculations and in the future the Town Clerk will provide a report of road expenses monthly.
- Supervisor Estridge made a motion to adjourn at 7:54 p.m. Supervisor Fornengo seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _16th day of April 2019.
Vern Drake, Chairman