TOWN OF BLAINE
ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES
April 16, 2019 6:00 PM NCC
Vern Drake called the 2019 Annual Meeting to order at 6:06 PM.
In attendance were Chairman Drake, Supervisor Estridge, Treasurer Holter, Clerk Zaccardi, Ron and Sandy Gallagher, Ron and Sharon Proffit, Dan and Nicole Sear, Bonnie Young, Cole Fornengo, Josh and Brandie Fornengo, and Bill Fish.
Chairman Drake reviewed the purpose and procedure for conducting the Town Meeting.
- The 2018 Annual Town Meeting Minutes were reviewed 1) TRID (Town Road Improvement Discretionary) was approved. 2) The old Town Hall has been demolished. 5) There is no new compensation as this was previously held at a special elector’s meeting. Ron Gallagher motioned to accept the April 17, 2018 minutes as submitted, Nicole Sear seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- April 2015 Electors Meeting: “A motion was approved to get an estimate from Sandstrom Roofing regarding a roof replacement for the NCC.” Instead of roof replacement Chairman Drake will pursue exploring the repair needed to the roof.
- Bids will be coming in for the paving of McGraw Lake Road. There was discussion of paving the McGraw Lake public landing while the paving crews will be there. It was mentioned the DNR would need to be involved. Also it was noted the public landing was donated and a plaque should be there noting this donation from Emil Bliese. Ron Proffit made a motion to get a bid on the price of black topping this section. Ron Gallagher seconded. Motion passed.
- A previous incident from 2011 at the Waste and Recycle Transfer Station was discussed. As a town employee at the time, Donny Slipher was badly hurt in 2011 by an assailant on town property and his hearing aids severely damaged. The electors agreed that the Town should pay for the replacement hearing aids. Chairman Drake made a motion to pay the Miracle Ear Center $3,164.97 for Donny Slipher’s replacement hearing aids. Nicole Sear seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Chairman Drake shared a handout about the Trail of the Northwest Sands which is promoting the historical 1863 Stagecoach Road which runs through the Town of Blaine. Chairman Drake moved that the Town of Blaine remain in support of and involved with the on-going “Trail of the Northwest Sands” project and, further that the Town Chairman represent the town in this project and periodically report back to the Town Electors the progress of the project, and in what ways the town might be able to assist in making this important endeavor a reality. Supervisor Estridge seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Chairman Drake made a motion to set the date for 2020 Annual Electors Meeting for 6pm April 21, 2020 at the Northland Community Center. Sharon Proffit seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- There was further discussion on the 2019 road improvement plan. There was a request to have Big Island Road included in the next Road Improvement Plan.
- Motion to adjourn was made by Ron Gallagher, seconded by Supervisor Estridge. Motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 6:40 PM
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 16th day of April, 2019
Vern Drake, Board Chairman