TOWN OF BLAINE
November 13, 2018
Chairman, Vern Drake called the November 13, 2018 monthly board meeting to order at 6:25 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher and Ron and Sharon Proffit.
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Estridge made the motion to approve the minutes. Supervisor Ellefson seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Treasurer Holter.
Expenses: Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: Sharon Proffit suggested that the propane gas tank at the NCC be checked. Clerk, Zaccardi reported that the propane tanks have been filled.
- Chairman Drake was not able to attend the quarterly Wisconsin Town Association meeting in Siren on October 25, 2018. Nothing to report.
- Chairman Drake gave a FEMA update and will be meeting with a FEMA representative at 10 a.m., Wednesday, November 14, 2018. The two most important projects for Blaine are the North Markville Road Bridge and the State Line Road Low Water Crossing.
- Chairman Drake asked if we were all aware there have been moose sightings in the Namekagon Barrens Wildlife Area and it was noted Danbury and Webster also reported moose sightings.
- Chairman Drake signed the North Lakes Mechanical Consulting Services, Inc., contract with Dennis Quinn to continue as the building inspector for Blaine in 2019.
Road Equipment Update: Ron reported on equipment and there was a discussion regarding the boom mower tracker and the cost of repairs.
Road Condition Report: Roads have been sanded and are in good condition. It seems Dogtown Road has beaver issues. Ron and Shane will work on breaking up the beaver dam in that area. Areas of road tend to get icy during the winter months and we will post a reminder on the website to address this.
Northland Community Center:
- The prime rib dinner fundraiser on Saturday, October 13, 2018 for D.O.V.R (Dairyland Outdoor Veterans Retreat) at the NCC had a great turnout and was a success.
- Our recent election day was also a success with approximately 80% turnout.
- There is an upcoming snowmobile safety course coming up in January 2019 and a June wedding event planned at NCC for 2019 thus far.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: It was noted we have been receiving a lot of old appliances recently. Currently the town has a contact person willing to take these items for disposal, but this might not always be the case. December 1, 2018 winter hours will resume Sundays only from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Winter months go from December 1st through March 31st.
- Supervisor Estridge made a motion to approve the 2019 proposed budget. Supervisor Ellefson 2nd the motion. Motion passed.
- Chairman Drake purchased a new flagpole and solar illumination light for the NCC and will purchase two more, one for each cemetery.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE DECEMBER AGENDA:
Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to adjourn at 7:10 p.m. Supervisor Estridge seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _13th day of November 2018.
Vern Drake, Chairman