TOWN OF BLAINE
February 13, 2018
Chairman, Vern Drake called the February 13, 2018 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Ron Proffit and Bonnie Young.
Clerk’s Report: Jessica made the motion to approve the minutes. Dan seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Dan made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Jessica seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
- Chairman Drake attended the WTA Quarterly Meeting January 25, 2018 and shared a copy of the minutes with the board.
- Jim Tolbert, Burnett County Emergency Management Director, has a new software application available for road inspections.
- Jim Church, Restorative Justice of Northwest Wisconsin contacted Chairman Drake regarding any possible town work available for individuals within this program.
- Chairman Drake has a 911 address map from the county for the Town of Blaine.
- Chairman Drake shared information on a document found at the Burnett County Historical Society, a 1977 document about Old Montgomery Road. There was a question of moving some Blaine materials out of the historical society to the NCC.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape. There was discussion of purchasing a replacement, back-up dump truck for the town. The Board will look at and consider options.
Road Condition Report: Good conditions – roads are plowed and sanded. Chairman Drake shared a handout on road surfaces and road conditions in the Town of Blaine.
Northland Community Center: The Spring Primary will be held at NCC on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. We have received new tables and chairs. Maintenance and cleaning information has been posted. Propane has been refilled. It was noted that the furnace will be serviced in the fall.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: It was noted that Bonnie was unavailable one Sunday in February. She was given contact numbers for replacement when needed.
- Jess made a motion to approve North Lakes Mechanical Consulting Services, Inc., contract for Dennis P. Quinn to be the 2018 building inspector for the Town of Blaine. Dan seconded the motion. Motion approved.
- Chairman Drake shared a handout and reviewed status of FEMA projects. Reimbursement to the Town of Blaine will be made once the North Markville Road bridge deck pavement project is complete.
- Chairman Drake shared options for State Line Road “Low-water crossing” in a handout. There was discussion of options to do nothing and post signs, minimum repair or reconstruct. The board will request an estimate from Hopkins Sand and Gravel for minimum repair and total reconstruction.
- Chairman Drake shared an informational handout for the McGraw Lake Road resurfacing plan for 2018-2019. Work continues on clearing the right-of-ways of all trees and brush.
- NCC as a storm shelter was discussed as Burnett County is asking for an emergency plan to be in place.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE MARCH AGENDA:
- Set dates for Open Book and BOR
Jessica made a motion to adjourn at 7:18 pm. Dan seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _13th day of February 2018.
Vern Drake, Chairman